Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 starts with a sampler

Well I've had a great start to 2014, making the most of the holiday break from work I headed out for 3 mornings in a row of cycling with my boyfriend and will go riding again tomorrow morning before I retreat indoors from the expected 41 degree heat!

Despite the hot weather here in Brisbane I can't stay away from yarn and crochet. Some of my Instagram buddies inspired me to do a crochet along, while some are doing the mood blanket I liked thepatchworkheart's suggestion which involves a throw done with multi colours and in different crochet stitches. Rather than a throw I'm planing the same pattern but making it into a scarf for winter. I made a sample and realised I counted wrong so I'll try again, I like the effect so far though, what do you think?? It's also a great way to use up your scrap yarn. 

 
You can find this on Pinterest or here is the link to a blog I found with instructions, including lots of helpful hints and photos.

http://notyouraveragecrochet.com/as-we-go-stripey-blanket/


What projects will you tackle this year? 

I also got some sock yarn on sale at Spotlight, I'm determined this year will be the year I succeed in knitting socks. 



Have an awesome week! 

Lisa x


No comments:

Post a Comment